Our 2023 Quilt Auction & Boutique will be on Thursday, September 21st. Details to come.
Quilt Ideas for Auction…
- Any size quilt will be welcome.
- “Rail Fence” quilts from our President’s Challenge will be showcased and a gift for completing the President’s Challenge
- Quilted Ideas include…
- Fat Quarter Casserole Trivet – Handmade Gifts: How to Make a Fat Quarter Trivet | Hearth and Vine
- One Hour Projects – Free Sewing Patterns for a one hour Project – Craftbuds
- Bowl Cozy – Free Microwave Bowl Cozy Pattern | Sew Simple Home
- Mug Rugs – Oh So Charming Quilted Mug Rugs | National Quilters Circle
- Christmas stockings, bags, etc. – 20+ Easy Diy Christmas Gifts To Sew (This Christmas!) – AppleGreen Cottage
- Tote Bags – Sew a Quilted Fabric Tote Bag | National Sewing Circle
- Christmas Pillow Sham – Gift Wrap Pillow Covers – Super Mom – No Cape! (supermomnocape.com)
- Pot Holder Gift – Quilted, Folded Potholders Make Great Gifts! – Quilting Digest
- Christmas Ornament – Quilted Star Christmas Ornament – It’s So Corinney (itssocorinney.com)
Fabric Stash Guidelines
This is a great time to start pulling fabric, kits, notions, etc. to sale during our auction.
Guidelines for pricing and packaging your items are listed below.
Click HERE to print pricing guidelines.
Allen Quilt Guild Recommended Price List 2022
- Magazines – Do not need to be priced, will be .25 each or 5/$1.00.
- Books – NO BOOKS ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
- Fabric, Yardage – Measure your fabric, then roll it and put masking tape around the roll. Write the yardage or, if it is an odd size, the measurements on the masking tape and the price. Price is $1.00 to $3.00 per yard based on the age and quality of the fabric.
- Fabric, Fat Quarters – No need to price Fat Quarters, they will all be in a bin for .50 or $1 each. However, please inspect your fat quarter to make sure it is a complete fat quarter!
- Fabric, Scraps – Please donate only usable scraps. Please sort them by color and put in gallon zipper bags. They will be displayed in bins and priced between $1 and $3.
- Fabric, Layer Cakes and Jelly Rolls – $10 to $15 each, depending on age and size.
- Patterns and Kits – Old clothing and bag patterns – .50, Embroidery/cross stitch patterns – .50 to $1.50, Old Quilt patterns – $1, Current Quilt Patterns – $2 to $10 (higher prices for well known designers), Patterns with templates – $5 to $10. For Kits that include fabric and or thread double the price of the pattern by itself. Use your judgement on how much you think people would pay.
- Sewing Notions –
- Small packages of lace, store bought binding, etc – just put in small zipper bags and price $2 to $4, depending on how much is on the bolt. Put it In a bag and mark the yardage and price.
- Small notions – seam rippers, scissors, tape measures, pins, needles, etc. .50 to $3. Quilt Rulers – $2 to $15, depending on size and condition. Put in baggie and mark the price.
- Batting – $1 to $5. Bundle pieces large enough to be sewn together, put in a 2 gallon zipper bag and price it. Larger full quilt sizes should be priced higher.
- Hand Quilting Frames – $5 to $25
- Quilt Tops – $3 to $25, depending on the size, age, and quality.
- Quilt Blocks – $1 to $20, Put in a 1 or 2 gallon zipper bag. Label the number and size of blocks, the price should reflect the number of blocks. Please press them in advance.
AQG reserves the right to change prices on the items you donate if we don’t think your price is appropriate. If we don’t sell it at the sale it will be saved for our next fabric stash event.
Your donated items must be clean and saleable! Please no dirt, pet hair, cobwebs, etc. Please donate quilting and sewing related items only, we are not a garage sale and will dispose of any inappropriate items that are donated.
All money made at the AQG Stash Sale goes to our Guild to pay for our programs and guest speakers. You will need to bring your items Thursday, November 10th or get them to a board member before that day. Email Elaine R. at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.